In an effort to support student research, Global Education Office of the Graduate School of Education provides full-funding opportunities for language translation and editing to graduate students. For further instructions on how to apply, please see below details.
1. You must be a graduate student who is currently enrolled at the Graduate School of Education, Kyoto University
2. You are planning to submit an unpublished manuscript (including a part of Master’s thesis) to a peer-reviewed journal this academic year.
Full amount will be awarded to approximately 10 students.
Students may apply via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and should include an abstract in a word format (approximately 250 words in Japanese). Please send us your name, level of study (e.g., M2), enrolled course (e.g., Education and Human Sciences), and intended outlet (journal name) in the message with the short abstract via email. In the subject line, please write your name and “Application for translation/editing grant”.
Tuesday, November 15, 2022
- You may apply no more than once.
- The outlet must be a peer-reviewed journal, published by an international society.
- The awardee should make a funding acknowledgment statement in Acknowledgments.
- The awardee may use a language translation or editing service of her/his/their own choice. If s/he does not have a preference, the office may make an order as a representative. In this case, the service provider will be Simul International Inc. or Editage.
- If the awardee orders a translation or editing service abroad (= the amount is billed in dollars or other currency), she/he/they should apply for an amount equivalent to Japanese yen on the billing date.
- The awardee should notify the office shortly after completing the submission. Also, she/he/they are responsible for contacting the office to report the outcome by March 1, 2023.